Becoming a Technologist
Becoming a Technologist [5 days STEAM camp for children age 9-12]
About This Camp
- Course A: 3-6 July, 9-11a.m. (Age 9-12)
- No coding experience needed
- Class conducted in English
- Follow up curriculum to our regular course
Course Fee and Address
Early bird: $2,980 (before Jun 8)
Normal Fee: $3,200
Address: miniFab, Suite B, 11/Floor, 88 Commercial Building, 28-34 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
This course will be an eye-opener and it will provide opportunity for keen children to explore the possibility of technology and creation. Students will learn basic and important concepts of STEM from coding, electronics to robotics.
We emphasize playing to learn, creativity and design thinking. Students will build fun and exciting projects with Squishy Circuit, Snap Circuits, Arduino, BBC micro:bit, and more.
At the end of this course, participants will bring their own designed robot home.
What you learn
- Creative electronics
- Basic Programming with Google Blockly Games
- Understanding Computer Science Concepts: sequences, events, repeat loops, conditional statements
- Introduction to BBC Micro:bit board
- Arduino Robotics Basics
- Electronic Magic with Conductive Playdoh
- SnapCircuit Projects: Fly to the sky, Make a wish (Birthday Song), Light in the dark
- Google Blockly Games
- Micro:bit Projects: Welcome Sign, Create your own Animations
- Program and Make your own Arduino Robots
- Small Class
- Hands-on, Project-based learning
- Course taught in English, with Cantonese Terms if needed
- Follow up Curriculum for Regular Course
- Bring your own laptop with charger and pre-installed Google Chrome browser
- No programming skills required
- Attendance Certificate will be used
- Take your own designed robot home!
*A Seedling cash coupon of HK$200 offer to Seedling Hong Kong members who joins this course.